this week my partner, jamiah, and I worked on building a rollercoaster, that will let a marble stay on the track as long as possible. We used foam pipe, tape, marbles, and popsicle sticks. the hardest part about making the rollercoaster was trying to keep it stable. my partner and I learned that the stiller or more stable it is then the greater the height. Using the bigger marble wasnt good because it made the rollercoaster unsteady.
Design It! started off there day with going to college prep this morning. When college prep was over, we went back to our room to start our first design challenge. Our first design challenge was make a ski jump. The challenge was to make the marble jump into the can without boucning on the floor. My group was kind of successful with the challenge. Our second challenge was to make our ski jump have as many hills & valleys we can. That was diffcult but we make like 2 or 3 valleys. Now we're with cindy in tech blogging about today. When we leave hear, it will be 1:00. Brandon's group, Priscilla's group and Taylor's group have to stay here for an extra hour to learn the activities for next week.
WE WERE IN GROUPS AND PREPARING THE SKI JUMP. WE WERE GETTING THE TUBES AND WAS SETTING IT UP SO WE CAN SEE IF THE MARBLES ROLL DOWN IT. WILL IT WORK? WILL THE MARBLE JUMP INTO THE CAN? AFTER SETTING UP THE TUBES AND TAPING THEM TO THE WALL WE TEST THE PROJECT AND ROLL THE MARBLE DOWN THE TUBE AND IT WENT INTO THE CAN.
OKAY.MY PARTNER KIM AND I MISSION WAS TO SUCCESSFULLY MAKE A SKI SLOPE WHICH A MARBLE BALL WOULD VENTURE THROUGH AND LAND IN A TIN CAN. THE MATERIALS WE WERE GIVEN INCLUDES: POPSICKLE STICKS,6FT. TUBE,SICCORS,MARBLES,TAPE,AND A YARD STICK. OUR STRATEGY WAS TO USE THE BASIC STRUCTURE OF A ROLLER COASTER.WE USED TAPED TOGETHER POPSICKLE STICKS TO HOLD OUR SKI SLOPE UP. WE USED TAPE TO SUPPORT IT DOWN FOR STABILITY. IN THE AMOUNT OF TIME WE WERE GIVEN OUR SKI SLOPE TURNED OUT PRETTY GOOD. EVEN THOUGH THE RESULTS OF WHERE THE BALL LANDED WASNT CONSTANT. SO AT TIMES THE BALL WOULD PLOP IN THE TIN CAN BUT AT OTHER TIMES IT WOULDN'T.OWELL IT STILL LOOKED PRETTY COOL!
I Created this by using a tin can filled with foam. The foam softened the impact of the marble and the bottom of the can.